Ordnance Survey don’t sell their map data, they licence the map data.
So any digital mapping you buy from us is a rental for 1 year only.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, don’t open the data file and please call us for assistance.
Note: If you need to use printed copies of the data after the licence expires, please contact us on 01707 268212 or email@example.com for details of the Ordnance Survey ‘Paper Map Copying Licence’ (PMCL).
This annual licence covers you to do the following:
- Copy (photocopy or print multiple copies) any Ordnance Survey paper mapping.
- Copy any Ordnance Survey mapping purchased as a view/print only product (i.e. PDF plans printed by our offices or Planningmaps service).
- Continue using PDFs after the digital mapping licence has expired and give them to clients, contractors or external parties, however you can’t amend the PDFs.
- Use copies of mapping as part of a professional service.
- Include copies of mapping in leaflets, brochures or web pages which are distributed externally.
- The PMCL is per office, not per company.
The data held in the attached data file is licensed from Ordnance Survey with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office. This allows you to use the data for the duration of the licence purchased at the point of order; 1 year in the case of all vector products.
It also permits you to print unlimited hard copies of the data for the period of the purchased licence. Customers will still be able to archive a copy of the data and share the data with up to 40 contractors as per the old PDB licence.
If you purchase DXF or DWG Data regularly, please be aware of our more cost-effective online Desktop Mapping service. More information is available from www.mapsnmc.co.uk/desktop-mapping or calling Matt on 01707 263747.
IMPORTANT: For use with any reproductions
Please display the following text: © Crown Copyright and/or database right 2021.
Ordnance Survey and local authorities are checking all licences carefully, so please also display the licence number.
Licence numbers appear on your map or in an attached file, supplied with the map.
If you don’t show the licence number on plans, it may delay your application.
Ordnance Survey and the OS Symbol are registered trademarks of Ordnance Survey, the National Mapping Agency of Great Britain.
If you have any questions about your order please contact us.
National Map Centre – Herts
42B Church Street
T: 01707 268 212